The new year is running fast, and we are up to see so many trends popping-in now and then. And not just in the fashion industry, we see the new upcoming trends in the food industry too.
On one side, all the trends that got engagement in 2019 are not supposed to continue in 2020. On the other hand, it is not even necessary that they get excluded. Some of the foodstuffs that sprang in 2019 might become a trend in 2020. It depends on how the audience adapts these items and whether it can keep their craving on.
As per our analysis, 2020 will be a year where people will be more focused on food items that increase their immunity, keep them healthy, and can get the taste buds’ need fulfilled. Let us have a taste of food items that might pick up the trend in 2020.
Top 10 trendy food items of 2020 as per our research
- Milk Alternatives – Are you tired of drinking cow and buffalo milk? And finding an alternative to it? Then you finally have pounced in a year where apart from almond milk, you will have options like coconut milk, oat milk, etc.
- Plant Meat – Staying away from animal meat and opting for plants instead is something that has picked up a trend in the recent past after the detection of various harmful diseases. And we see it becoming the trendiest food trend of 2020.
- Cauliflower as an alternative – Carbs are frisky and tasty. Instead of having pizza crust & rice, cauliflower is a leafy vegetable that people will consume as a carb-heavy ingredient.
- Berries – Healthy berries with health benefits will trend in 2020. Chokeberries are one such ingredient that will be worth trying, and your delicacy will never be on risk. This berry is full of antioxidants beneficial to keep your body healthy.
- Buttering continues – Days had passed when peanut butter sandwiches were tasty and trendy. Almond butter, watermelon seed butter, etc. is something you need to give a try for.
- Pancakes – Pictures are often attractive when you see honey poured on pancakes. But it’s delicious too. Late 2019 saw some picking uptrend for pancakes. This will lead to some new and innovative dishes in 2020.
- Yam – Attractive, colorful, and tasty yam is set to pick up trends in 2020. You might see them mixed with ice creams, doughnuts, waffles, etc.
- Kombucha – Forget about the tea, check out this new fermented tea. This tea will pick up the culinary trend of 2020.
- A Tale with Mock tail – Happy hours are gone, and the happiest hours are on. No hangovers, but the same enjoyment with Mock tails is getting into all the youngsters’ routine.
- Sugar-free chocolates – Full of vitamins D, chocolates made up of Cocoa powder, and sugar-free ingredients will take up the momentum in 2020, especially when the population is moving towards the community of health freaks.
The year which is jam-packed with trends, we are waiting to see whether our analysis ticks and clicks. You might end up doing the same. Let us wait & eat to catch up with the trend 2020!